07 December, 2013

Infy's Mysore campus, friends, and amazing life!

Confused about the title of this post? Well even I was wondering what to write. Beware this is a looong post.

This post is about my stay in Infosys Mysore campus for two months after I joined the company in September 2013, the friends I made there, and then my emotional transfer to Hyderabad DC.


I reached the Mysore campus...
Actually I reached Mysore on Sept 13th. My joining date was 15 Sept so I had one full day to explore Mysore city. So on 14th I explored the city, visited the Mysore palace and the Zoo. It was an amazing experience. On 15th I joined the Mysore campus along with my friends from Nagpur.

The campus is huge, you always get lost. Nevertheless its beautiful and absolutely clean. The rooms provided to you have world class facilities. It's like living in a 5 star hotel. We had a 2 day long induction session and then we got our classrooms and the hectic life got started. So here I was in a new place with some old friends and eager to make new friends.
GEC 2
GEC 1
Multiplex


Friends...
Amongst the people who got selected during the campus placements I knew only 2 people - Amita and Lata. I knew them because they were my classmates, I wasn't friends with them.

During my stay in Mysore campus, I became best friends with Amita. Amita was friends with Shazia who had two friends Ankita and Ankur. And because of that I made three more friends. Ours then became a group of 5 friends, we called it FamousFive. The time that I spent with them was just awesome. We used to hangout together be it in the campus or going to movies, outings, and what not. I wished that this could stay forever. But alas! things are not permanent as destiny takes us various ways.

And how can I forget about Nakul, Amit, Piyush, Sumit, Rahul and Ashish. All these good guys were from Nagpur. I first met them in Nagpur when we called our first meeting of people who were about to join Infosys. In the Mysore campus at any time if I am not with FamousFive, I was with these guys. We together used to go for swimming, table tennis, gym, all sorts of things. But again as I said things are not permanent.

Famous Five
Nagpuri Friends

I am allocated to Hyderabad DC...
All was going well, I was enjoying with FamousFive and my Nagpuri friends, suddenly our batch owners announce that around 80 people will be allocated to production as there was an urgent requirement. I was surprised totally.

The FamousFive group was not in my classroom, they all belonged to other streams and their release date is still yet to come. My Nagpuri friends were in my stream and I hoped that we all get allocated together. But all fell apart, I again became alone, as I got allocated to Hyderabad and no one was with me.

The 23rd of September was most emotional. Everyone cried as I boarded the bus with wet eyes. The Famous Fivers gave me an awesome greeting card too. Nakul, Amit and Piyush also bid me farewell and promised to come to Hyderabad soon.

That day I realised that how much I am going to miss them. I miss all of them still today. What I am left with are lots of lovely memories to cherish and live the moments again. Hopefully I am going to see my friends again and spend amazing time with them. My best wishes to all of them. Thank you for being with me!

No comments: